A portable modern gauge to measure transmittance.
Tinted car windows are in fashion. However, for safety reasons the transmittance of tinted car windows is regulated by law. The innovative TintTector Alpha® measures the transmittance of tinted car windows and indicates the transmittance in percentage on demand.
The gauge is intended for use at technical car inspection centers, during routine police checks for compliance with new regulations and during the production of the vehicle windows and/or the maintenance thereof. To this effect the gauge complies with ISO 3558 and is suitable for a single person to operate - it's so simple, fast and easy to use.
And this is how it works: Attach the illuminant source to the clean outside windscreen or side window with the aid of the integrated suction cups and place the detector head on the inside of said window, carefully aligning the two parts. Integrated magnets in both the light source and the detector protect them from falling. The result (the indicated measurement is the transmittance in percentage, defined as the ratio of the absorbed by the glass to the light onto the glass) is displayed after a few seconds on the LCD creen once the measurement sequence has been initiated.
- High repeatability ≤ 0,2 %
- Precise characteristics complying with the spectral response of the human eye during daytime
- Simple calibration procedure
- High quality certified optical system
- Optical characteristics comply with ISO 3558
- Ease of operation
- Battery powered
- Complies with EMC
- 3 years warranty
- Illuminant with white light source type A and colour temperature 2856 K ± 50 K
- Measuring head with a detector having the spectral sensitivity of a human eye V (λ) during daytime(CIE)
- Main gauge body with LCD and integrated re-chargeable batteries
- 12 V battery re-charger
All of the above as well as a known calibration standard for easy self testing are stored in a handy plastic carrying case for convenience.